Work Permits

While a student is a minor and subject to California's compulsory education laws, the student must obtain a Work Permit from the student's school before beginning employment.

During the school year, students must obtain Work Permits from the school in which they are enrolled. The school will monitor the student's attendance and grades.

Please complete: Work Permit Application

When school is out for the summer, Work Permits can be obtained from the school district office. Once the student completes the "Request for Work Permit" and has it signed by a parent and the prospective employer, the student can bring the application to the district office, along with proof of birth (not a school ID). The Work Permit can usually be prepared while you wait.  

The district office is located at 133 Mission Street, Ste.100, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
Please call 831-429-3410 ext. 248, with questions about summer Work Permits.



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 West Corporation. All rights reserved.